GOD IS STILL DOING MIRACLES
Have you ever heard someone say, "If I could see or experience a miracle similar to the ones written about in the Bible, then it would be easier for me to believe"? Have you maybe even felt that way yourself? Well, the other day I was reading Matthew 15:29-31, which is about a time when Jesus was performing miracles. And as I read those verses, it dawned on me that God is still doing miracles.
Let me show you what I mean. Matthew 15:29-31 reads, "And Jesus departed from thence, and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee; and went up into a mountain, and sat down there. And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them: insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel."
Now, the above verse is referring to a time when Jesus healed many people who had sought Him out. People came to Him with all kinds of afflictions. Some folks were blind. Some people were crippled and could not walk. Some poor souls were even possessed by devils. And the Bible shows us that Jesus healed these people who came to Him.
Well, friend, in this generation that we are living in, there are still people who are being miraculously healed by Jesus. I'm not talking about the hocus-pocus nonsense you see on TBN. I'm not talking about "Miracle Night" on Wednesdays at some church pastored by some fast-talking phony preacher. I'm talking about honest-to-goodness life-changing Christ-manifested miracles. I know you are saying, "Rena, give me some examples." Well, let me show you what I mean:
* Don't you know that there are blind folks all around you who have received their sight? These blind people used to seek out R-rated and X-rated material for entertainment, and didn't see anything wrong with that. These blind people used to subscribe to flesh magazines like Playboy or Cosmopolitan and would view all kinds of immoral images and articles without even blinking. These brothers and sisters would watch adultery, homosexuality, and all sorts of disobedience on the TV screen with blind eyes that could no longer decipher right from wrong.
But one day the Lord did a new thing in the lives of these people, and now their eyes have been opened. They now see the world through God's eyes. They now can see and are affected by the trash they once found titillating. They now choose to set their eyes on those things that would be pleasing to the Lord.
*And there are deaf people all around you who have received their hearing. These are people who at one time would laugh when they heard crude jokes and curse words. They didn't hear anything wrong with such language. They had become hard hearted and hard of hearing and barely even noticed expletives. Their music collection consisted of sexually laced Top 40 pop tunes, or country music that glorified adultery, or rap artists that promulgated hate and violence. They were so deaf that they could listen to filth, yet not hear the filth. No, instead they would play this trash in their homes and in their cars and tap their toes and bop their head and sing along, all the while defiling their soul. And if you tried to share the Word of God with them, they could not hear what you were saying. They shut out and would not hear or understand God's beautiful words. (Psalm 135:17)
But one day the Lord did a new thing in the lives of these deaf people, and now their ears have been opened. They hear the world through God's ears now, and are offended by the cacophony of crude language and sexual innuendo. And now they hear God's Words and understand them clearly. They find the Bible to be music to their ears and love hearing God's truth.
* And there are people in the world who were once possessed of devils who have been set free. These people invited devils into their lives by the use of alcohol, drugs, or pornography. They thought they could control their addiction, but then found themselves being controlled by it. They were prostituting themselves for a hit. Stealing from family, friends, or strangers to get money so that they could buy drugs. Some were spending hours isolated away from family while they secretly viewed porno. These people's very existence was possessed and controlled by the need to feed their devilish addictions.
But the Lord did something in these people's lives that AA and a 12-step program could not do. Where the Betty Ford clinic failed, Jesus succeeded. When the addictions took them farther and farther down, they finally cried out, and Jesus lifted them up. Instead of being possessed and indwelled by devils, they are now indwelled by the Holy Spirit. The chains of addiction have been broken.
* There are even dead people who have been brought back to life. These folks were dead to God and living for self. They were going through the motions of life, but were never truly happy, never fulfilled. They were basically just walking zombies with Satan as their guide and hell as their ultimate destination. But then they asked Christ to be their Savior and Lord and have now been born again. Their life now has purpose and meaning. They are no longer trying to "find themselves." Now they know that they have been adopted into God's family, and Jesus guides and directs their lives.
Oftentimes people encounter followers of Christ and they wrongly believe that those people were "brought up in church" or that they always were as they appear now. What people don't seem to realize is that what they are seeing is the "after," not the "before." You are viewing a miracle of God, but you don't know it. Friend, if you heard the testimony of some of the folks who are now being used by God, you would be amazed at the sin-filled life that they once lived. God can and does change people in miraculous ways. There is evidence of that all around.
As that old classic hymn states, "Amazing grace! How sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me! I once was lost, but now am found, was blind, but now I see." Yes, there are many "blind" folks in this generation that have gained their sight. Believe me, I used to be as blind as can be. But because of Jesus, I have been born again and now I can see. And my Lord and Savior is willing to extend that same amazing grace to you!
Yes, God is still doing miracles, and He can and will do a miracle in your life if you ask Him. Do you need a new heart? God promises He will give you one: Ezekiel 36:26, "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh." But it's up to you to ask Christ into your life and then pray a prayer like this: Psalm 51:10, "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."
* Do you need a new mouth? God can give you that. Psalm 40:3: "And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord." Psalm 141:3, "Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips."
* Do you want to be healed of the devils that ensnare you? 2 Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." Matthew 8:16, "When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick."
* Are you dead and need to be born again? God can give you new life: John 11:25, "Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live." John 5:24, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." John 20:31, "But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name."
Everything that you need can be found in Jesus. Stop looking for "signs" and instead sincerely pray and watch God do a miracle in your life! Mark 8:12, "And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation."
John, 1:12, "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name."
John 7:38, "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."
* Hebrews 11:6, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."
- TRUST AND BELIEVE -